The ASA Flight Instructor Refresher Clinic (FIRC) has been updated to reflect the FAA's current Advisory Circular (AC) 61-83F. This new Version 2 FIRC is available and effective immediately: www.prepware.com/firc
The previous ASA FIRC will no longer be valid after January 30, 2010. You may continue to login to your existing account at www.prepware.com/fircv1—please note this new website url. If you have not already completed the course, you must do so by January 30, 2010. Alternately, you may set up a new account for the new Version 2 course - contact email@example.com to request a new account.
Welcome to ASA's Flight Instructor Refresher Clinic
An FAA-approved, flight instructor renewal program.
ASA's Flight Instructor Refresher Clinic (FIRC) provides everything you need to renew your flight instructor certificate for another 2 years. The ASA FIRC features professional DVD presentations supported with internet-based evaluation and course tracking with these important features:
- Experienced instructors provide engaging lectures, coaching you with scenario-based instruction and real-world examples.
- 3D graphics, animations and inflight footage ensure you both understand the information and can teach it affectively.
- Convenient at-distance course brings the classroom to your home or office and lets you renew your certificate at your own pace, and in the comfort and privacy of your own place.
- DVD instantaneous control lets you pause, back up, or navigate directly to a specific discussion within a lesson.
- A comprehensive review of recent changes in rules and procedures affecting general aviation and flight instruction ensure you have the most current information, are aware of the FAA's areas of emphasis, and receive the most innovative instructional techniques.
- Spiral-bound coursebook keeps all your DVDs together, includes a comprehensive syllabus so you always know where you're at within the course, and provides room for taking notes.
- Paperwork processing is handled for you at no additional charge; with our ACR-approval, we can issue you a temporary certificate upon successful completion of the course.
If you've already purchased the FIRC, please fill out the FIRC Enrollment Form to get started.